Mary Macleod MP
Working hard for Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth, Osterley and Hounslow
Mary was elected as the Member of Parliament for the Brentford and Isleworth constituency in West London on the 7th May 2010. She represents approximately half of the Hounslow Borough, covering Chiswick, Brentford, Syon, Osterley, Isleworth, Hounslow Central, Hounslow South and Hounslow Heath. Aside from her role as an MP, she currently serves as Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) to the Rt Hon. Maria Miller MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport and Minister for Women and Equalities.
For her full biography, please click here.
Mary spends Monday to Thursday working in her office in Westminster and attending debates on behalf of her constituents in Parliament. This involves speaking in the House of Commons, attending meetings, replying to emails and letters and working with her Parliamentary team to address local issues. In her PPS role, she supports Ms Miller when in Parliament on DCMS and Equalities issues.
In addition to her PPS role, Mary is currently involved in many other activites in Parliament.
- Chairing the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) Women in Parliament.
- Co-chairing the All Party Parliamentary Group on Microfinance.
- Serving in the Parliamentary Armed Forces scheme as a Squadron Leader in the RAF.
- Trustee of the Industry and Parliament Trust.
- Conservative regional spokesperson for the London area.
- Vice-President of the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Programme.
- Fellow of 'Sporting Equals'.
- A member of 20 All Party Parliamentary Groups covering a variety of areas (for example, Africa, China, Education, Youth Affairs, Corporate Governance and the Olympics).
Outside of Westminster, Mary spends as much time as possible out and about in the constituency. She uses Fridays to meet with local businesses, local organisations, charities, schools, hospitals and residents across Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth, Osterley and Hounslow. Mary also holds her weekly advice surgeries on a Friday, including monthly surgeries at the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, on Alice Way in Hounslow, and the Hounslow Jamia Masjid and Islamic Centre, on Wellington Road South in Hounslow. Mary holds her advice surgeries throughout the constituency, including sessions in Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth and Hounslow. For more information about Mary's surgeries and how to book an appointment, please click here.
Mary can often be found at the weekend attending some of the constituency's excellent local events. You can read more about the events Mary has attended in her monthly e-newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
If you would like to invite Mary to an event, please contact her office on 020 7219 7023.
For more information about Mary's local activities and campaigns, please click here.